Google Analytics' Intelligence Events feature provides an easy and convenient way to monitor the health and performance of your website by notifying you (via email or text) of unusual changes in traffic and usage patterns.
The feature monitors your website's traffic in order to detect significant statistical variations. Once detected, Google Analytics generates alerts.
Predefined alerts, automatically generated by Google Analytics, are available in your account. You can access them within the "Reporting" tab of your Google Analytics view. In the left sidebar, click on "Intelligent Events".
You will be able to see Intelligence Alerts like odd dips/spikes in page views, unusually high bounce rates, etc.
You can also create custom intelligence alerts. For example, you can set up an alert to be sent any time your page views decrease by 10% in one day.
Intelligence alerts are sent within 24 hours, and they enable you and your team to respond to issues quickly.
There are four reports accessible via Google Analytics, all accessible via the left sidebar of the "Reporting" view.
Overview: Summarizes all automatic and custom alerts triggered within an active date range.
Daily Events: Summarizes automatic and custom alerts triggered based on daily changes.
Weekly Events: Summarizes automatic and custom alerts triggered based on weekly changes.
Monthly Events: Summarizes automatic and custom alerts triggered based on monthly changes.
1. Within the "Overview" of the Intelligence Events reports, click the "Custom Alerts" tab and then the red "Create A Custom Alert" button.
2. Enter a name for your custom alert.
3. Select the views (websites) that you would like your custom alert to apply to.
4. Pick a time frame (day, week, month).
5. Check off the "Send me an email when this alert triggers" box. You can also set up text notifications.
6. Set up your alert conditions by choosing the dimensions and metrics for your alert.
7. Click "Create Alert".
Add a Comment | Back to Top
1 (888) 299-2998